Friday, January 15, 2010

Who is the best JPA Provider in WebLogic?

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=44219

Posted by: Gavin King on February 10, 2007 in response to Message #227266
And by the way - I'm a bit out of date, but the actual measurements I did a year or so ago of simple CRUD performance of Hibernate vs. Kodo gave a mixed bag of results. They are slightly faster on creation/destruction of the persistence context and on inserts, we are a bit faster on queries. For mass operations on many objects, they are faster if you use standard APIs, we are quicker if you use StatelessSession. Etc.

Nowhere did I find anything that was a big enough difference that you would prefer one product over the other on the basis of performance alone.

Which confirmed to me that the BEA marketing line of the time that "Kodo is faster than Hibernate" is just the usual marketing BS, which was my initial reaction.

No comments: